There’s a lot of talk about Work-Life Balance. We’re overstressed, overworked, and time-starved. How can we achieve more balance in our life? The thought of having another thing to do – balance our work and life – can be overwhelming.
Sometimes we think we need sweeping and life-altering changes to make this happen. The truth is that most of us will greatly benefit by making small, intentional changes in the direction of balance. They require little effort on our part, and will soon become part of our habit.
Here are some ideas you might want to try:
- Having family dinner every evening. It’s a great way to start reconnecting with your spouse and children.
- Re-distribute household responsibilities. If you have kids, it’s important that they learn to be responsible and help with household chores.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Buy only the things that you really need.
- De-clutter. Toss anything you don’t need or absolutely love.
- Spend 15 minutes a day in quiet introspection. You can read, meditate, or take a bath. But do something to pamper your self each day.
Life balance is about making conscious choices every single day that move you toward or away from balance. It is about choosing where to spend our energy, our time, and even your money. That other small changes can you make for big impact?